Video series: Translating Research
We speak to Professor Guy Ludbrook about his research reducing post surgical complications with Advanced Recovery Room Care (ARRC).
We learn that:
- moderate-risk surgical patients have a very high likelihood of experiencing serious complications shortly after surgery
- with an aging population, this problem is growing at a rate of 10% every year.
- intense, comprehensive care in the first 24 hours after surgery decreased complications by 50% each day, for 9 days after surgery.
About the research
Professor Ludbrook is Professor of Anaesthesia at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and University of Adelaide.
Watch and subscribe
View all Translating Research episodes on YouTube.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified about upcoming episodes.
Get in touch
We would love to get your feedback! You can do this in a number of ways.
- like our videos on YouTube
- share the video with your colleagues and friends
- Contact healthCALHNcommunications@sa.gov.au.