CALHN values and behaviours
Our values, vision and ambitions give us direction for everything that happens across our network.
Collectively, they outline who we are, what we stand for, what our consumers and their families can expect from us, and what we can expect from each other.
These values and behaviours were defined by our workforce and are the core principles we are all expected to abide by.
Our values reflect our network’s aspirations for appropriate workplace behaviour and will play a role in helping build a positive workplace culture.
The values and behaviours are our ‘being’ and help us remain true to our purpose – giving our patients the best possible care.
- I am there for my patients and colleagues when they need me most.
- I put myself in my patients and colleague’s shoes to understand their needs.
- I go out of my way to make sure my patients and colleagues achieve the best outcome and have a great experience.
- I respect uniqueness in my colleagues, our patients and their families
- I embrace leading practices and use them to evolve our ways of working.
- I lead and support change to improve patient and organisational outcomes.
- I am continually looking out for opportunities to improve.
- I look and listen to ensure I fully understand the problem and find a solution.
- I look for ways to break down barriers and ‘silos’ to hear new perspectives and solve complex problems.
- I invest in my own learning and look for opportunities to explore and introduce new ideas.
- I am interested in critical research and how it informs thinking.
- I put my hand up to lead work that matters.
- I am accountable and focused on value. I value and champion diversity.
- I embrace collaboration and constructive partnerships.
Central Adelaide LHN acknowledges the traditional owners of the lands on which its sites are located. We respect their spiritual relationship with their country and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still as important to living Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people today.