Volunteering at CALHN
Help provide world-class care by volunteering with us
We are looking for new volunteers to join us at all our metropolitan hospital sites, helping to support patients, their families and our healthcare staff.
The positive impact of our volunteers is immense, with all our hospitals dependent on our volunteers to fulfil a variety of roles.
Volunteering is incredibly rewarding and valuable, giving you the chance to:
- give back and be a valued part of our community
- make new friends with fellow volunteers and staff
- learn new skills and gain some great experience
See all our metropolitan hospital sites across Adelaide and apply now to your preferred location.
Come and be part of the volunteers team!
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
The Friends of The Queen Elizabeth Hospital volunteers offer a range of important services across the TQEH, with special emphasis on helping those without family assistance.
- walking guides
- emergency department volunteers
- trolley service for inpatients
- laundry service
- assisting in the gift shop.
Find out more about volunteering at the TQEH and get in touch to receive a volunteer application pack.
Royal Adelaide Hospital
The Volunteer Services Unit at the RAH is looking for volunteers to help in their inpatient areas, assisting and supporting patients in a variety of ways.
Volunteer times that currently available are:
- Wednesday: 9.45am – 2pm
- Friday: 9.45am – 2pm
Read the role description and apply today
Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre
The Volunteer Services Unit at Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre is looking for volunteers to help in a range of roles, including:
- assisting in the kiosk – Monday to Friday 9am – 2.30pm
- patient escorts – Monday to Friday (hours vary)
- inpatient support and in the diversional therapy program – Monday to Friday 9am – 2.30pm
- sewing room – Thursday
- laundry service – Wednesdays and Thursdays
- hairdresser support – Thursdays (9am start)
See more about the areas that require assistance and apply online
Repat Health Precinct
The Volunteer Services Unit at the Repat Health Precinct is looking for volunteers to help in their inpatient areas, assisting and supporting patients in a variety of ways.
Times currently available for volunteering are:
- Wednesday and Friday – any time between 8.30 – 4pm
Central Adelaide LHN acknowledges the Kaurna people as the traditional owners of the lands on which its sites are located. We respect their spiritual relationship with their country and that their cultural and heritage beliefs are still as important to living Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people today.
The Central Adelaide Local Health Network website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2022