Podcast: Research Pulse, Episode 03.
In this episode, we focus on how bile acids do more than break down dietary fats for digestion and play a key role in blood sugar regulation.
We speak to Professor Chris Rayner, a consultant gastroenterologist at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Professor in the Adelaide Medical School, University of Adelaide.
We learn about:
- the changing view of bile and it’s roll in signalling hormones that regulate blood sugar
- how bile acid medicine can help to regulate blood sugar
- why the lower gut is so influential in controlling type 2 diabetes
Listen and subscribe
To listen to upcoming episodes, find us and subscribe wherever you get your podcasts.
Get in touch
We would love to get your feedback! You can do this in a number of ways.
In your app of choice (e.g. Spotify, Apple Podcasts):
- leave a comment
- leave a rating
- share the podcast with your colleagues and friends
- Contact healthCALHNcommunications@sa.gov.au.