Data shows that almost 89% of patients who received treatment at the RAH and TQEH feel cared for during their stay, and over 86% of respondents say they feel involved in decisions about their care and treatment.
At Central Adelaide we are committed to delivering a better experience for our patients and the community. To help us do this, it’s important that we partner with consumers and listen to the feedback consumers and families provide us.
SA Health regularly surveys a random sample of patients aged over 16 years who had an overnight hospital stay at all public hospitals using a South Australia Consumer Experience Surveillance System (SACESS) survey.
Patients are surveyed two months after their discharge. Between July and September 2021, 392 patients were interviewed and almost 84% said they felt their views and concerns were listened to while almost 86% of respondents felt their individual needs were met.
Other feedback of note included:
- Almost 85% of respondents were kept informed as much as they wanted about their care
- Over 86% of respondents felt that staff involved in their care communicated with each other
- Over 90% of respondents received pain relief that met their needs
- Over 90% of respondents felt confident in the safety of their treatment and care
- Almost 90% of respondents felt the overall quality of care was good or very good
- 94% of respondents would recommend their hospital to a friend or relative
These results were higher than the previous six months, with 82% of respondents saying then that they felt their views and concerns were listened to, 83% feeling that they were involved in decisions about their care and treatment.
These results demonstrate that although people are often having a difficult time when they come to stay at a hospital, for most, their overall experience at CALHN is a positive one.
To provide feedback about your experience at any of our sites or with any of our services, please contact our Consumer Experience team during business hours via (08) 7074 1377 and HealthCALHNConsumerExperience@sa.gov.au