Video series: Translating Research
In this episode we speak to Dr Stuart Callary about his research to improve the functional outcomes of patients who have undergone hip replacement surgery.
We learn about:
- the problem of hip replacement failure
- how Dr Callary is accurately predicting hip replacement loosening within two years, instead of 15-20 years
Watch and subscribe
View all Translating Research episodes on YouTube.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified about upcoming episodes.
Get in touch
We would love to get your feedback! You can do this in a number of ways.
- like our videos on YouTube
- share the video with your colleagues and friends
- Contact healthCALHNcommunications@sa.gov.au.
About the researcher
Dr Stuart Callary is a senior medical scientist within the orthopaedic department at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
His multifaceted research is supported by The Hospital Research Foundation (THRF) Group and aims to improve the functional outcomes of patients who have undergone hip replacement surgery.